We had this jar of taba ng talangka (crab fat paste) for over a month now, it was one of the local products in the gift bag that Glenn received in a seminar they conducted in Pampanga. I was not really looking forward to using it. You see, I have this unfortunate allergy to certain kinds of seafood. But since my husband and Daddy likes it, I searched for a recipe and found something on PinoyRecipe.net. As usual, I used it as a guide then tweaked the ingredients according to what's available in the pantry.
This is the star of today's breakfast:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp taba ng talangka (crab fat)
- 100g shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 5 pcs. dried pusit, cut into strips
- 1 sachet 8g Maggi Magic Sarap
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup Nestle All Purpose Cream
- 4 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup green peas
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Stir fry dried pusit until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Sauté ginger, garlic, onions until fragrant.
4. Stir in taba ng talangka and shrimps.
5. Cook until seafood changes in color or for about 3 minutes.
6. Stir in Maggi Magic Sarap and season with salt to taste.
7. Pour in Nestle Cream and continue cooking for another minute.
8. Add rice and green peas. Mix well and continue to cook until rice is completely heated.
9. Top with fried dried pusit and serve immediately.
|The finished product. This should be more orange-ish in real life.|
Warning: While this is a real mouth-watering meal, please keep in mind that crab fat is full of cholesterol and must be eaten moderately. ^_~